• 200ml of full fat milk
• 200ml of double cream
• 2-3 drops vanilla essence
• 4 medium size free-range eggs
• 200g caster sugar
• 1 tbsp of wheat free flour
• 1 tbsp of ground almonds
• 30g butter
• 500g cherries, cut in half, stones removed
• 30g flaked almonds
• 30g of caster sugar
• Cream to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Pour the milk, cream and vanilla into a pan and boil for a minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Tip the eggs and sugar into a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Fold the flour and the ground almonds into the mixture.
4. Pour the milk and cream onto the egg and sugar mixture, whisking lightly.
5. Brush butter into an ovenproof dish, then pour the batter into the dish and scatter the cherries on top then the flaked almonds.
6. Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes, until golden-brown and set but still light and soft inside.
7. Dust with the 30g caster sugar and serve warm with cream.